A Change of Plans for the Challenge

Due to a recent blog post by a photographer/lawyer, I felt some changes needed to be made to the upcoming challenge. Don't worry, it's nothing drastic!

Please go and read "Why I Tearfully Deleted My Pinterest Inspiration Boards"  by DDKPortraits. It discusses the legal issues behind using Pinterest, and why you may choose to opt out.

I myself have decided to opt out. I love Pinterest as much as the next gal, however the thought has plagued me for some time that it's just a sneaky way to be illegal, so this isn't a surprise to me. As much as we value independence, we don't often stop to independently think that maybe what everybody else is doing is wrong. Instead we go along with the flow and pin pictures that aren't ours at all. Instead I will be bookmarking my favorite tutorials with that handy feature that most browsers have.

Anyhoo, in lieu of the Pinterest challenge that happened last month and was about to happen again, I am switching it to "The Inspiration Challenge". Sounds...inspiring...doesn't it?

The new plans are, that the challenge is not limited to Pinterest findings, since we find inspiration all over the web, right? Besides, it's not truly Pinterest where these things come from. I follow several craft blogs, and so often I am inspired by the pictures and projects they post. However, how often do we act upon that inspiration? I usually continue to sit there looking at blogs, and think, "Oh, I'll make that another time." This challenge helps to change that.

The rest of the challenge will remain the same, every day, complete a project and post about it. Feel free to jump in at any time! The simple change just removes the requirement of any specific website, which shouldn't have happened in the first place.

Sound good? I think so! I'm all ready to gear up for this very exciting week, and I hope you are too!

Welcome to the Inspiration Challenge!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did you know that by leaving a comment you will totally make my day? Please make sure that you are not nasty in any way, shape, or form, otherwise I will have to delete what you had to say.