One Word ~ 2012

Last year I posted about a fabulous idea called One Word. New Year's resolutions are so hard to remember, keep, or even to remind yourself to look at them and see how you measure up! We always try to make too many, and we fail.

With One Word, you choose exactly that. One Word. It's a word that will hopefully stay with you all year long.

In 2011, my word did pop up all year long. I would go for weeks at a time without thinking of it, and then I would remember and renew my purpose in that area. More often than not I was reminded of it after I had failed in a certain area, and it gave me the determination to try again next time.

Last year my word was "Serve".

That was 2011.


This year my word is "Love".

This is 2012.

Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there aretongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away. 
 ~ 1 Corinthians 13:4:8 

2 comments:

  1. That's a great word to have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderfully thought-provoking post :-)!
    My word would have to be, "gratitude."
    And thanks for your kind words at my blog!
    Blessings, Julie

    ReplyDelete

Did you know that by leaving a comment you will totally make my day? Please make sure that you are not nasty in any way, shape, or form, otherwise I will have to delete what you had to say.