NaNoWriMo, Turris, and an Omnia




                          Source: imgfave.com via Kelly on Pinterest



It's been absolutely eons since I last posted, I know. Some of you who know me might be surprised that I haven't said a word about NaNo on this blog. Part of that would have to do with the fact that I wasn't terribly excited about it.

HOWEVER! I am doing NaNo, and I am much more excited about my novel than I was when I started. I began outlining late, so I only have eight outlined chapters before I start treading in the darkness of a story without a story. Scary thought. The positive side is, that I haven't reached that eight chapter yet, and I've already written 11,000 words, and discovered another thread that I can really use!

If you're at all interested in discovering what my novel is about (*cringe!*), then you can check out my profile on the NaNoWriMo website. In a few words here, I will tell you that it is about a tower. A really, BIG tower.

One last note. I was annoyed to discover that the name I had chosen for a digital device in the story, Omnia, has already been used for a cellphone. I'm keeping it for now, but will probably change it later. It's just disturbing to learn that I'm not the genius I thought I was.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I love the excerpt!! It sounds like a book I'd read. And the picture is really cool, too (and creepy!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, love that photo of the tower! I'm glad to know you're doing Nano--it's a comfort that everything is right in the world. =) Your novel summary sounds very intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A really BIG tower?! You know, I'm Rapunzel... so I have LOTS of experience with towers. Let me know if you need any help. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Did you know that by leaving a comment you will totally make my day? Please make sure that you are not nasty in any way, shape, or form, otherwise I will have to delete what you had to say.