Bronco's Yarn...Not!

Ok, so the title may be a bit odd or misleading, especially since I dislike sports.  However, I do like yarn, and on Thursday last, when I went to the Local Yarn Shop (LYS), I really wanted to buy something. Anything. Even if it was something small.  For those of you who don't know, LYS can be somewhat expensive.

So, I looked around, and finally settled on the clearance shelf, which was small, but there, right on top, rested a cute skein of orange and blue yarn! I snatched it up, with less grace than a lioness grabbing her dinner, and checked the price tag like a miser. $7. I checked the yardage like a dutiful bargain hunter. 350 yds. Well, that's pretty good.


Orginally this lovely gem was $24 and I got it for less than $7 because it was also %40 off! Yes, it was a good day. Add to that the fact that I got Fiddler on the Roof at the thrift store, in lovely condition, and I was one happy girl.


Now, alas I must figure out what I want to do with it! I was so dazzled by the color combinations, that I didn't realize that it was a little more variegated than like. Not to mention that it does look a little bit more like a college, sports, team's colors. So, do you know of any good patterns for a lovely variegated yarn? I'm thinkin' socks.

Socks are nice.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, the colours are adorable! I don't know of any good patterns as far as socks go, but whatever socks they make will be so cute! :)

    In Christ,
    Jessie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Socks are good. Maybe you could make them as a gift for a Bronco's fan?

    ReplyDelete

Did you know that by leaving a comment you will totally make my day? Please make sure that you are not nasty in any way, shape, or form, otherwise I will have to delete what you had to say.