Book Review - Eats, Shoots & Leaves

Eats, Shoots  &  Leaves: The Zero Tolerance Approach to Punctuation Eats, Shoots & Leaves: The Zero Tolerance Approach to Punctuation by Lynne Truss


My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Punctuation is rapidly being lost in the storm of today's texting, e-mails, World Wide Web, and even the traditional book. This bothers Lynn Truss, the author of this delightful little book.

In Eats, Shoots & Leaves she shows the importance of a well placed comma. There is a rhyme and reason for the rules of grammar and punctuation, and she shows us the why and wherefore thereof. Not only does she share various rules of punctuation, she also tells the history of said punctuation, and how applicable it is to today's society.

As for my own opinion of this book, I thought it was pretty good. I did learn quite a bit, but it may or may not be obvious from the punctuation in this review. Lynn Truss presents her opposition to sloppy writing in a funny, yet informative way that keeps you reading.

This book does contain a sprinkling of adult language, so be warned. Overall, I would definitely recommend this book to others.

View all my reviews >>

© 2009 Defective Compositions

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did you know that by leaving a comment you will totally make my day? Please make sure that you are not nasty in any way, shape, or form, otherwise I will have to delete what you had to say.