Thoughtful Thursday ~ Bess Streeter Aldrich

Davis Lake, Oregon
“I think that love is more like a light that you carry. At first childish happiness keeps it lighted and after that romance. Then motherhood lights it and then duty . . . and maybe after that sorrow. You wouldn't think that sorrow could be a light, would you, dearie? But it can. And then after that, service lights it. Yes. . . . I think that is what love is to a woman . . . a lantern in her hand.” 

~Bess Streeter Aldrich, A Lantern in Her Hand


Here's a sneak peek at my current knitting project. I'm not the most accomplished pattern designer in the world, so mainly my method consists of entreating the pattern and charts to "please work out!" I'm sure there's a more mathematical way to do this, but I'm afraid it would muddle my brain.

2 comments:

  1. I sure liked your quote here! Yes, "a lantern in her hand" - I will carry that picture in my head for years to come.
    And I hope your knitting project turns out!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the book "A Lantern in Her Hand" and your pattern designing sounds vaguely familiar! (I try, oh, how I try!)

    ReplyDelete

Did you know that by leaving a comment you will totally make my day? Please make sure that you are not nasty in any way, shape, or form, otherwise I will have to delete what you had to say.