Vacuuming, Lions, and Good News


I had just finished reading "Do Hard Things" and felt ready to change the world, even if it meant vacuuming the carpet first. Which it did. I hadn't done it in over a week, and it seemed like there was crumbs everywhere. Actually, I rather enjoy vacuuming the carpet anyway, so it wasn't the actual act that was hard, it is being faithful in doing my job on a regular basis that is difficult.

I cleaned out the filter, and was walking back to the vacuum when I saw my little brother playing with his legos. Nothing out of the ordinary there. He would play with his legos all day long if we let him, and although legos aren't bad, we don't want him to focus on just that one thing. So I grabbed a color book and some pencils and plopped him down at the table to begin his coloring adventures, and was about to happily go back to my vacuuming when Mommy spoke up.

"Since you guys are studying the ear right now in school, why don't you find him a picture of an ear to color?"

No big deal, right? Wrong. The problem was not with finding an ear to color, but rather with my attitude. Find a picture of the ear was way more work then I had originally intended to do for this whole coloring thing. My plan had been quick and simple, this plan was going to take time.

Immediately I started huffing my way to the bookshelf to look for the anatomy color book. I huffed as I flipped through to the ear, and I huffed when the printer had to do some preparation before I could use it.  Finally, I was able to plop down a copy of the ear and go back to my vacuum.

The bad news is that the good intentions were in ruins. The unnecessary attitude seemed to make everything else fall flat.

The devil will seek anyway he can to bring us down. Even if it means using good intentions. Especially if it means using good intentions. If he can sneak in there and attack when we aren't looking for him, then his raid will be all the more successful.

1 Peter 5:8

Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour...
That's the bad news that sounds like it's straight out of a nightmare, right? Here's the good news:
Romans 6:14

For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.
 Keep walking with the Lord, and seeking His counsel; be sober and vigilant. Especially when you think you're doing all right, and even in the little things of life.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous6:33 AM

    Ah yes... the attitude thing. You're not the only one who struggles with it from time to time. :) Thank you for sharing this! Thank God for His grace and strength in our weakness.

    God bless!
    Rachel (not signed in)

    www.maidformore.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Did you know that by leaving a comment you will totally make my day? Please make sure that you are not nasty in any way, shape, or form, otherwise I will have to delete what you had to say.