Tidbits

I just wanted to share with you a few tidbits. Links, thoughts, and one or two updates to amuse you with. I hope.

Words in Time ~ A fun and intriguing look at research for your writing. Another good reason to read this post is because you'll want to look up what a certain word means. Who knows? Maybe beets will shoot to the top of Google search results! Ha, now you have to go read it to figure out what I'm talking about.

Yellow is the Color of Happiness ~ You can now find me on Tumblr. From what I've seen so far, it's a great place to look for inspiration! However, for some reason Pintrest seems to appeal to me more. I don't know why. If you want to follow me on Pintrest (since that's where I'll be most often!) go ahead!

Do you have a moment...for pure genius? ~ Honestly, when I first clicked on this link, I had no idea what I was in for, but the article that follows is simply amazing. Also, here's a video of the event that the article talks about. Only one woman recognizes him in a whole 45 minutes of playing. (I know that *I* wouldn't have recognized him.) It is slightly depressing, yet inspiring at the same time.  Do we really miss so much? I know that this makes me want to start noticing the little things that I usually pass by. Maybe it would be a good time to try a macro project like Olivia, just to start training ourselves to notice things that we usually pass by.

Everyone's heard of Tangled I know, but I just wanted to share one of my favorite scenes from the movie. Actually, I love a lot of scenes from the movie, but the warmer weather has me thinking of this one in particular.





I love her hair, the colors, the joy, the dancing, and pretty much everything.

As far as what is going on in my life right now, I am still looking for a job in this "little" town. It's not really little, but when your only options are grocery stores and restaurants, it sure feels little. I'll probably wind up working at the Fred Meyer, which isn't bad.

I've also been exercising a lot more than usual, and Mommy and I planned out our dinners for the next week. We've really been needing to do this for a while, because actually having a plan helps us stick to it better! I'm really excited to be trying out some great sounding recipes. I think tonight I'm going to be making this Chicken Parmesan recipe. Hopefully it turns out, because this is one of my favorite dishes!

I was reading the Chronicles of Prydain series that I bought at the thrift store, until I misplaced one the other day. It's a little hard to keep reading them when the one you were reading is no longer around. I'm hoping it's either at my Grammy's house, or in the car somewhere. It's rather annoying, where ever it is! So now I think I'm reading Black Horses for the King by Anne McCaffrey. I have read it once before, but don't remember it.

Les Miserables has definitely grown on me. I'm eager to read the book, (the rather LARGE book!), and when I watched the musical the second time, things made a little more sense, because I had looked up the plot on Wikipedia. That was helpful in filling in the holes that I was struggling to jump over. For instance, neither Georgie or I had any idea that Fantine was dying of a disease. In fact, we had no idea that Fantine was dying at all, so when Jean Valjean takes her to the hospital, we were a little confused.

So for now, I'll leave it at that. Not too much has been keeping me truly busy, but I look forward to what this next week will bring!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did you know that by leaving a comment you will totally make my day? Please make sure that you are not nasty in any way, shape, or form, otherwise I will have to delete what you had to say.