What Are Your Thoughts On The Subject?











I have read so often that to be a good and successful blogger, you should pick a subject and stick to it. If you are going to be crafty, stay crafty. If you are going to be political, stay political, etc. If you feel you must branch out to something different, have a different blog. That's what they say.


The first thing you need to decide when you build your blog is what you want to accomplish with it, and what it can do if successful.  -Ron Dawson

I agree, for the most part. If I go to a crafty blog, I go to see  crafts! I don't mind the occasional rabbit trail, because it adds variety, and insight to the keeper of the blog. I myself have had a separate photo blog, and several joint blogs covering crafts, writing, and others I'm sure.

Now I come to the question of this post. Do I have a theme or drive to my blog? Is there a particular subject that I write well, or that you, as the reader, enjoy the most? When you think of my blog, do you think crafts? Photography? Writing? What comes to mind?

A blog is what all “websites wanted to be” updated on a regular basis, contains content that is of interest to a select or target audience and is easy to update and change. - Unknown

As a side question, what do you think of having separate blogs for different subjects, and what do you think of combining all of your interests into one blog? What are your thoughts on the subject?

4 comments:

  1. Oh goody! Here's something I can really comment on. *grins*

    Well, I like your blog just the way it is. That's the plain truth. DON'T CHANGE ANYTHING ABOUT IT.

    I love coming to your blog just to read simply lovely thoughts. Whether it's book-ish, craft-ish, photo-ish, home/family-ish. I like it all! It's always a delightful surprise to see what it's going to be about for each new post.

    And my opinion about whether or not to get multiple blogs... no! (this is just me, of course) I think it simplifies everything when it's all in one place. =)
    I don't want to be concerned about which blog I'm on... I just want to be concerned about you, and your interests, and what you're writing about.

    And that is my two cents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tarissa, thank you so much for your "two cents"!! I appreciate it a lot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Tarissa, your blog is lovely just the way it is! I tried the whole "have a different blog for each subject" thing, and found that I never updated them because it was overwhelming. Having maybe two blogs is good, but I'd say no more than that unless you were co-writing a blog with someone.

    Your blog is simply YOU, so why change it at all? No other blog is as Ebee as this. ;-) And random posts are great! With my website/blog, I hope to cover whatever subject comes to mind, from crafty to writing to family and back again. Some of the best blogs I've ever come across were very random in the posting subjects. So don't worry about what others say, write about what YOU want.

    And, if you do want another blog for one or two main subjects, go ahead. But I do love your blog as it is. :-)

    <3
    ~Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi!
    Personally, I really like your blog the way it is! I'm now a follower. :) God bless!

    In Christ,
    Jessie

    ReplyDelete

Did you know that by leaving a comment you will totally make my day? Please make sure that you are not nasty in any way, shape, or form, otherwise I will have to delete what you had to say.