My Brother

Yesterday, I got really angry with my brother over something small and worthless. I tend to do that a lot. I also added in a selfish and rash action that caused us both unhappiness. I immediately regreted it, of course, but I was humbled by my brother's unusual response to my provocation.


His face grew very angry at first, but then without a word he stooped to get what he had come for, and left. A moment later I heard him whistling as he began cleaning in the other room.


Like I said, it humbled me. That was not the response that I either expected or deserved. Later, we got it all sorted out and forgiven, but that incident has made me see my brother in a new light.


Not that we won't continue to have our problems (because both of us are far from perfect!), but I can see now that my brother really does try. For once, instead of being mean and nasty back, he just let it go, which quickly diffused the situation instead of feeding it.


So, from now on, I am going to try to continue looking at my brother in that new light. I am going to try and see the good instead of the bad. I am going to try and see with love.

Romans 12:10

Be kindly affectionate to one another with brotherly love; in honour prefering one another...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Did you know that by leaving a comment you will totally make my day? Please make sure that you are not nasty in any way, shape, or form, otherwise I will have to delete what you had to say.